Friday, October 12, 2007

A Message from the Chairman

Hello Gents,

Excellent news! I'm going to Cordoba to drink lots of beer at Oktoberfest this weekend...

EVEN BETTER NEWS! After great deliberation, the 2nd Quaffers (AKA "The League of Buenos Aires Beer Drinkers Against Quilmes") meeting has been set for next week. Here are the details:

9pm, Wednesday 17th October 2007
Cossab Cerveceria
On the corner of Carlos Calvo and Jose Marmol, in Boedo (here's a map on their site - http://www.pubcossab.com.ar/llegar.html)
Near Subway station "La Plata" on the E Line, and several bus routes (listed on that map page on their site)
My cell phone, in case of confusion: 15 5973 7000

Be there, or be sober.

[Just don't mention the Q word]

Oh, and if you are not sure about getting there because Boedo is new ground for you, please do join me to get the bus out there. We'll meet on the corner of Santa Fe and Scalabrini Ortiz (on the corner that has the cafe with the large coke advert above it) at 8pm, to catch a bus there. Please do let me know if you want to join me in traveling there. And be punctual if you do. Tiempo Ingles.

A little bit about Cossab. They have possibly the widest range of Argentine beers that I have seen in a bar in Buenos Aires, with many options on tap. They also have a load of imports. AND they are cheaper than Cruzat (where we went last time), especially if you buy beer in pitchers, which I'm sure we will. Plus, on Wednesday nights they have a "Pizza Libre" option, where you pay a certain amount (can't remember how much, but a good deal I'm sure) and eat as much Pizza as you like. Great for soaking up all that beer. I'll certainly need it.

Hope to see many of you there! If not, we'll hoist some beers in your honor all the same.

Best,

Alan

R.S.V.P here or at facebook.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am going to have to be sober this time.

Until the next one...

Unknown said...

Sorry that I will not be able to join you guys for this one. Meanwhile I will leave you with the following....

Our lager,
Which art in barrels,
Hallowed be thy drink.
Thy will be drunk, (I will be drunk), At home as it is in the pub.
Give us this day our foamy head, And forgive us our spillages, As we forgive those who spill against us.
And lead us not to incarceration, But deliver us from hangovers. For thine is The beer, The bitter, The lager.
Forever and ever,
Barmen.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just recenlty arrived in Buenos Aires. And a friend told me about tonight. I plan to come along with another friend Steve.

regards

Manjit

Proposed. Vote below.

The Chairman, in his wisdom, has proposed an excellent venue and date for our next General Congress: Cossab in Barrio Boedo, entre Carlos Calvo y Jose Marmol. - "it has a great selection of beers on tap and in bottles, plus on Wednesdays I believe they have a very good "Pizza Libre" deal. It's also cheaper than Cruzat." There are also planned contingencies for car-pool, bus-pool, subway-pool. What say ye? Vote below.

Proposed: Wednesday, October 17 at Cossab (in Boedo)

Looks like we've got our work cut out for us. Mr. Chairman, I move that we convene another General Congress for the specific purpose of reviewing one or more of the beers in the big list below.

You can click multiple items in the poll. Pick a week you would prefer. Then pick a day you would prefer. Then we'll try and narrow the month down to a few popular dates. Then we can vote again. Give it a shot!

Help Choose the Date of the Next General Congress